Here are some ways and places you can help with donations for the relief effort due to Hurricane Harvey:
– Washington County : Multiple locations collecting goods. PLEASE LABEL everything that you donate, to save the people who unload precious time and effort. Please tie together all shoes so they don’t get separated. Do not overpack large boxes. Consider that it will be individual people unloading trucks on the other end. Soft goods are fine in trash bags, but be sure to label them. (Put a tag on bags, or write on tape stuck onto bags.) Items such as: toiletries, bottled water, towels, trash bags, soap, blankets, diapers, unscented baby wipes, formula, non-perishable food items, etc.
- Alton Elementary School – 1210 S. Market St. Tues – Thur 8a-2p and 4-6p, Fri 8a-2p
- CK Designs & Boutique – S. Day St., Brenham
- Tres Chic – 201 E. Main St., Brenham
- Independence Coffee – 2805 Hwy. 290 West, Brenham
- Brenham Chrysler Jeep Dodge – 1880 Hwy 290 W, 7am-7pm
- Washington County Tractor – 1889 Hwy. 290 E, Brenham, 8am-5:30pm
- Blue Bell Creameries Visitor Center, M-F, 8am-5pm
- Puppy Dawgs and Cat Tails for pet supplies – 321 S. Baylor St., Wed – Sat 10am-5pm
- “Storm Relief” fund already set up at our local community banks: Bank of Brenham, Brenham National Bank and Citizens State Bank
- Brenham Walmart Parking Lot Sunday 9/3 1-4p – The Washington County Girl Scouts will be holding a community wide donation drive for the victims of Hurricane Harvey. The items donated are scheduled to be taken to flood victims in the Houston area as well as La Grange and Rosenburg.
- Many people want to volunteer their time, and here is where to register:
- Brenham Elks Lodge 400 E. Germania Sept. 5 10a-1p – feel free to drop off donations to these locations prior to the 9/5 date
- Texas Home Health, Traditions Health Care, High Hope, Kruse Village, Brenham Nursing & Rehabilitation, Compassionate Care Hospice, AMA Home Care, Hospice Brazos Valeey, Right at Home
- Washington County Tractor – You can donate directly at their stores or their Go Fund Me account gf.me/u/cf584h with items being delivered on 9/1, and will also mathc the first $10,000 donated. All Proceeds will go to the United Way.
- Truth Barbecue – drop pff dates through 9/3, and Thurs 9/7 – Sun 9/10
- Focus Care (formerly Gazebo Terrace) – 1303 Hwy 290 E. – M – F 10a-2p
- Rockin’ Mc Rustic – 17223 SH 36 S
- The Lee County Youth Center is serving as the official Red Cross Shelter for Giddings. The Fayette County shelter is full and will send people that way. So far the community has been very responsive in helping.
- The Red Cross Shelter phone number is 979-542-4100. They can answer your questions about the needs of the evacuees. The community is providing food, water and other supplies as they receive requests.
– Austin County:
- St. John Lutheran 520 N Holland – Food prep and Drop off – Call Sharon Schroeder 979-877-4068. Need volunteers to help cook and prepare brown bag lunches.
- Bellville Chamber of Commerce – Clothing/personal care drop off – Call Denise Jones 979-421-2351. Also need volunteers to help sort, label, load, etc., items donated.
- Linseisen’s Feed & Supply – Animal food drop pff – Call 979-865-3602
– Bryan/College Station:
- Aggieland Outfitters, 303 University Dr. East starting Wed. 8/30 10a – They will be collecting bottled water and nonperishable food, and also have BTHO HARVEY shirts for sale for $12 with the proceeds going to the Red Cross
- The Ranch Harley-Davidson, 4101 Texas 6 South – Will be delivering water and other items on trucks later this week, items requested are diapers, baby formula, baby wipes, nonperishable food, clothing, and toiletries
- Salvation Army Bryan/College Station – the organization has been taking food to the Red Cross Shelter at Central Baptist Church. The Army’s Sister city is Port Arthur, and if citizens are evacuated from that area, they will be working hard at the Salvation Army. Monetary donations are preferred by going online to www.helpsalvationarmy.org, or text STORM to 51555
- Downtown Bryan 1st Friday 9/1 – As part of Downtown Bryan’s monthly First Firday event, they will accept donations in the form of cash, check or credit cards at the Queen Theater to assist La Grange with everything from replacing school supplies, shoes and clothing for children who have lost their homes, to downtown businesses who need assistance with cleanup. The Downtown Bryan Assocation will coordinate directly with the city of La Grange to insure that 100 percent of the donations reach those in need.
- Grand Station Entertainment – 2400 Earl Rudder Freeway S: Grand Station is partnering with Little Guy Movers and accepting donations all week. The truck will leave later in the week, and if needed, multiple trucks will go.
- Coldwell Banker 411 Texas Ave S. Weekdays through Sept. 1 between 8:30a – 6p – A Diaper Drive to help families impacted
- Altitude Trampoline parking lot Sat. 9/2 – Cleaning Supply Donation drive looking for items like clorox, shovels, Pinesol, sponges, dish sopa, brooms, mops, gloves, trash bags, etc. Free 30 minute jump passes with a drive through donation.
- BDS Towing & Recovery is starting a donation drive for hurricane victims in Rockport.
Starts on Friday Sept. 1st though September 8th. They will take the donations down there on September 11th. They are located at 9349 Dilly Shaw Tap Road. Call for more info 979-218-3862
- Kid to Kid is collecting diapers and baby wipes for flood victims in the Houston area. Kid to Kid Bryan/College Station will be accepting your donations of diapers and baby wipes now throughout the Labor Day holiday. They will either get these items down to Houston themselves, or through another local partner who will be making deliveries to shelters in the Houston area. 901 N. Earl Rudder Fwy, Ste 350 – Bryan, TX 77802 (at Hwy 6 & Boonville Rd. next to Kroger)
Websites for Monetary Donations: