Put on this planet for the sole purpose of annoying “The Morning Express”, Craig
Montana has a rich knowledge of what it takes to entertain the masses. Having grown up
in the small hamlet of Somerville, Texas, he dreamed of one day spending his Saturday
afternoons bringing the best in country music to a loyal group of devoted listeners. His
infectious smile and golden voice will always be there for you on Saturdays from Noon-
6p. So tune in, enjoy and as always…..Stay classy Brazos Valley.
Craig Montana is just sooooooo interesting….
Favorite Pastime: hunting and fishing with my kids, but football comes a close second
Favorite Food: Fried Chicken
Favorite Guilty Pleasure: cheesecake
Favorite Movie: Boondock Saints
(action, comedy, Norman Reedus…what more do you need?)
Favorite TV Show: Farscape (cancelled, best quote in TV – “lock up the women and hide the fried chicken” – John Crichton from Revenging Angel epsiode) and The Walking Dead (current, Darryl is the man)
Favorite Quote: You woke up this morning knowing who you are. Now go out and find out who you can become. – Turk Pipkin
Favorite Country Artist: Male – Merle Haggard (it’s the Hag, come on)
Female –Reba McEntire (I was in her fan club as a kid, wish I still was)
Favorite Country Group: Asleep at the Wheel
(Texas swing ain’t dead, it’s just Asleep at the Wheel)
Favorite Country Song: I Believe in You – Don Williams (great to dance to)
Favorite Moment working for KTEX: has to be when I got to hang out with one of my
Honky Tonk Heroes, Johnny Bush, on his bus and just talked about life and music for hours.
“5 Fun Facts About Craig Montana”
By Kellie Outlaw
1. He is well-known (and proud) to be the laziest Posse member.
2. He enjoys and finds humor in annoying anyone in his path….but he’s so lazy he wont go out of his way to do this.
3. He could pass as a Duck Dynasty Cast member.
4. He likes to ask questions and when you start to answer he tells you he doesn’t really care, or he’ll just walk off while your talking.
5. My favorite part about getting to work with Craig is he is ALWAYS up for playing a practical joke on someone with me!